Media and Publications
News and Editorial
OC can do Desal better: Use salt to lock up CO2 emissions.
Poseidon and AES: Don’t dump your daily 175 railroad hopper cars of salt into the ocean. Use it to lock up your daily 120 railroad hopper cars of CO2 emissions.
- Sturchio, N.C., J.R Hoaglund, III, R.J. Marroquin, A.D. Beloso, Jr., L.J. Heraty, S.E. Bortz, and T.L. Patterson, 2012. Isotopic mapping of groundwater perchlorate plumes [San Bernardino Basin, California]. Ground Water, Vol. 50, No. 1, p. 94-102.
- Available online to NGWA members : http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1745-6584.2011.00802.x/abstract
available in ebook format and online:
[ pdf file: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~hoaglund/USGSofr00_504.pdf ]
[ official govt citation: http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/ofr00504 ]
[ research page at University of Michigan with related figures: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~hoaglund/research.html ]
[ archive of files at University of Michigan: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~hoaglund/MIRASAmodel.zip ]
- A series of lectures based on the book
3) It’s out of the noise: An overview of the geologic history of climate change and its discoverers
4) What’s in my water and where’s it from? An example from Orange County
5) Environmental forensics using Isotopes: An example tracking perchlorate sources in groundwater